Monday, October 9, 2017

Joining Throngs Of Mountaineers Braving Almost Frigid Cold To Conquer Mount Wichita

Yesterday, if I am remembering correctly, and sometimes I do, I made mention of the fact that it seems there is a temperature sweet spot where Texans are much more prone to outdoor activity than when the temperature is not being so sweet.

We are currently in that temperature sweet spot. Not too hot, not too cold.

Hence today upon arrival I saw multiple people making their way to the summit of Mount Wichita. By the time I got out of my vehicle and in photo taking mode, the first group had conquered the summit.

That temperature sweet spot today was 76 degrees when I made my way to the summit of Mount Wichita. From that summit viewpoint I could see a lot of people enjoying the Circle Trail in various ways, just like yesterday, walking, jogging, biking and skateboarding. I saw no roller bladers today

I did see two recumbent bikes. I have never ridden one of those. Sometimes they look fun, sometimes not. On the Circle Trail a recumbent bike might be fun. Where one deals with hills and traffic, not so much.

The North Texas temperature is currently scheduled to get not so sweet. As in tonight's low is predicted to be 46, tomorrow's 44.

44 degrees is only 12 above freezing. That's cold.

This seems earlier than the norm to be tempted to switch the temperature control device from cooling mode to heating mode.

No comments: