Monday, October 9, 2017

Multiple Blog Comments Publishing Faux Pas

Last night I checked in on my Blogger account looking for a previously published comment in the "Published Comments" section.

I then clicked on the "Awaiting Moderation" option and immediately saw there were a lot of comments awaiting moderation which I had not seen before.

When someone makes a comment to a blog post Google sends me an email. I open the email, read the comment, and if it is appropriate to do so I click on "Publish Comment".

But, I had not seen these comments, due to, I guess, being a bit distracted.

The comments faux pas period appears to be from June 7 til June 25. And then again from August 8 til August 22.

During those time frames I had limited contact with the Internet. And when I did have contact with the Internet it was not a leisurely contact.

Hence missing seeing incoming emails, among other things.

So, last night I hit the publish button on a lot of previously unpublished blog comments from the likes of Steve A, Cowtown Crude, Prairie Paintbrush, Unknown, Connie D., Bulletholes, Aunt Jane, Kat, Cousin Scott, Stenotrophomonas, Scott Bodenheimer, Lena H., Gale McCray, Ram, Others, and, of course, Anonymous.

I am mortified regarding this inexcusable ineptitude.

This is my worst blog comment scandal since years ago when a blog comment frenzy broke out due to Gar the Texan being all Mr. Fussy Pants over a controversial sinkhole near his old hometown of Wink, way out in West Texas, with me losing control of being able to moderate the frenzy of comments fast enough for them to maintain any sort of logical order.

One of the blog comments which I had not seen until last night was an amusing, embarrassing comment about one of my favorite amusing embarrassing subjects, that being the amusingly embarrassing J.D. Granger.

The J.D. Granger amusing embarrassment is fodder for a separate blogging, likely to appear real soon....

No comments: