Thursday, October 12, 2017

The Long Shadow Of The Mount Wichita Thin Man Witnessing Possible Duck Genocide

That is the Long Shadow of the Mount Wichita Thin Man you are looking at here.

Yesterday during that time of the day when the sun begins to make its slow exit to the west I decided to roll my motorized wheels to Lake Wichita Park to park in the shadow of Mount Wichita prior to climbing the grueling hike to the summit, where the long shadow photo was taken.

The mosquitoes seemed to be more active at this time of the day, with several of the critters invading the interior space of my vehicle. I do not know yet if any successfully got a blood donation from me.

It should not be too long now til the outer world temperature dips below freezing, thus putting an end for the year of the biting insects terrorizing the population with stealth attacks.

This early evening visit to the top of Mount Wichita was the first time I have seen a motor boat motoring over Lake Wichita. And that motoring was done at high speed, looking, at times, almost like a hydroplaning level of high speed.


Above, that spot of white out in the lake is that aforementioned hydroplaning fast boat zooming east on Lake Wichita. This photo was taken soon after I was mortified to see the boat aiming at a flock of ducks, collected together like an island. The boat plowed right into the heart of the duck island. When the wake cleared I saw no ducks.

Like I said, I was mortified.

But, I think the ducks may have ducked, literally, in time, with the boat, I hope, not killing any. A short time later, a distance to the east of where the flock had been hit, a new duck island appeared. Had the ducks transited under water to emerge safely at a new location? I don't know. But that's what I told myself happened. But, I would not be shocked to find a collection of duck corpses washed ashore in the coming days.

What sort of monster would plow a boat into a flock of ducks peacefully minding their business? I suppose it's a derivative of the same type monster who does the same murerous behavior to humans collected on a city street, with the murder weapon a truck or van or car.

And now, some minutes later after the boat assault on a flock of ducks, let's look westerly from the summit of Mount Wichita.


It might be scenically interesting to view the sun actually setting whilst viewing such from the Mount Wichita summit. But, one would definitely need a flashlight to illuminate the treacherous descent back to ground level.

Or a full moon...

No comments: