Wednesday, October 4, 2017

Watching Wichita Falls Water Wheel In The Rain

What you see here was installed in the last month, give or take a day or week or two.

A Wichita Falls Water Wheel.

No, this is not the latest Wichita Falls electricity generating facility.

It was not long after I arrived in Wichita Falls that a long ago Wichita Falls temporary resident known as Captain Andy told me about what he thought was a unique Wichita Falls feature. With that feature being the disguising of traffic control electrical boxes with various disguises, mostly, from what I have seen, derivations of Japanese pagodas.

This new traffic control electric box disguise is at the intersection of Maplewood and Lawrence, near ALDI, Walmart and directly across the street from the newly opened P:anda Express Chinese fast food joint.

Changing the subject to those drops you see on the right side of the windshield, drops out of the range of the rapid sweeping motion of the windshield wiper.

Rain is once again falling in copious amounts, The flooding from the last bout of copious rain has not yet abated, and now we are getting a fresh dose. Along with some lightning strikes and thunder booms.

Today, prior to the rain arrival, my plan was to roll my bike wheels north on the Circle Trail til I could roll no more, due to reaching the part of the Circle Trail flooded by the over full Wichita River.

I am hoping this latest bout of stereotypical Pacific Northwest winter weather ends before I get SAD (Seasonally Affected Disorder) again, like I suffered from last week...

No comments: