Saturday, October 7, 2017

Wichita Falls Sleep Robbing Thunderstorm With Lili Von Shtupp

I'm tired.

Not tired for all the same reasons as Lili Von Shtupp in Blazing Saddles, but tired nonetheless.

Night falls, sleep is fleeting, and then morning arrives. And I'm tired.

Last night, around midnight, bright lights began to flash, with loud booms booming about the same time as the bright lights flashed.

Rain poured down providing background music for the light and sound show.

I do not know how long the flash booms and downpouring went on before deciding to cease. By morning the outer world appeared to be mostly dry and the sky mostly blue.

An hour before noon I decided to roll my handlebars to the Circle Trail to get a look at Holliday Creek to see if once again Holliday Canyon was being over run with high water. Well, last night's deluge did not cause the creek level to rise to the level it rose to earlier in the week, but there was some rapid action, which you see my handlebars looking at above.

The right bar end on the handlebar is pointing at an egret at creek's edge looking like it thinks it's about to have fish for lunch.

The egret should have come home with me for lunch. I would have shared my tuna fish sandwich...

No comments: